Saturday, January 9, 2010

Addresses

Section 9, Block 40, Grave 11

This is the baby's new address - his/her temporary residence. Rick and I went out to the cemetary this week to see where the plot was. It was frozen and cold in every way possible - literally and figuratively. I hated every part about being there.

Heaven. A place where I really can't describe but I know I want to be there. A place where our baby will soon be. A place so beautiful that it is indescribable. A place not everyone will go without trusting in our Lord and Savior.  A place where:

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever." Revelation 21:4

Don't you want to be there with us?

How I long to be there.

~Summer

5 comments:

  1. Summer & Rick,

    It is difficult, painful, yet sweet when we can "praise Him in the storms". It never leaves us empty but rather leaves us longing for something bigger than us. Longing for a hope that only our Savior can bring. It has never made sense to me but I have lived the reality of knowing that God is GOOD and POWERFUL even in my darkest hours. I am so thankful that HIS mercies are new every morning and that HE is always faithful.

    I continue to pray...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick & Summer......your words are uplifting & glorifying to our Savior.....heaven becomes nearer & dearer as time goes by....

    We lift you up to Him often....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle (Riley) SchaserJanuary 10, 2010 at 2:19 PM

    Summer, you do not know me, but Rick... you will remember me as your prom date back in the 90's (you will remember me for more than that tho, let's hope!!). As I sat and read your blog today, I was moved with a sadness and hope that is indescribable. Your faith, your openess... it brings me to my knees. I will continue to pray for you, your children, your extended families, but most of all for your baby. May God continue to give you more strength at this time and the time to come...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sonia Karagiorge RolonJanuary 10, 2010 at 2:42 PM

    Praying for you during this difficult time and what is yet to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, Summer! my heart hurts with you. This post brought tears to my eyes; yet I will praise Him with you in the storm. Forever praying for you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete