Monday, May 3, 2010

Tulips


A couple of weeks ago I sat on the front steps for a while and I was admiring the beauty of the morning.  I looked at our tulips and saw how they were still closed but knew they would open sometime soon with the rising sun. I got sad as I thought I would probably only get to enjoy these favorite flowers of mine for another week or so before they die.

I came in to spend some more time with the Lord. I prayed that he would reveal Himself to me in a way that would bring me hope. It has been so hard to open that book of truth, but I know it is where my healing will both start and end. A friend shared some verses from 1 Peter with me and I felt convicted to memorize 1 Peter 1:3-10. It was hard just to read these few verses, so today I decided to read the whole chapter. This was at the very end of chapter one:

For you have been born again, but not to a life that
will quickly end. Your new life will last forever because it comes
from the eternal, living word of God.
As the Scriptures say,
  "People are like grass;
     their beauty is like a flower in the field.
  The grass withers and the flower fades.
   But the word of the Lord remains forever."
1 Peter 1:23
Praise God that our trials are just a short time. He is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment