Sunday, January 22, 2012

Streams and Deserts

Two years ago today I experienced the most peace and sadness in all my life as time seemed to stand still for me. While many saints were on the steps of the supreme court protesting for the right for unborn babies to live, our Michael was being carried to heaven to live a healed life with God.

We were advised to abort Michael at 20 weeks, but I'm so thankful to God for allowing me to experience both the peace and sadness, the stream and the desert place all at once at his full term birth and death. It is really amazing to fall completely helpless into God's arms and to have God lovingly strengthen you when you have no strength. This is peace that surpasses my understanding and it is a glorious place to be.

Michael's life cannot be separated from the fabric of our lives that God is weaving together. I miss him - he's my boy. But I will remain steadfast in my hope to see him again anew.

1 comment: