Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Update

It has been over a week since we posted something on our blog. As the weeks pass by, it is getting harder. This season is indescribable, and we can only relate it to knowing someone you love has a certain amount of days left of life. Many families impacted by a fatal cancer diagnosis know this all too well.

Yet we have not even met this person. And instead of wondering when it is going to happen, we are pretty sure we know the when, at least down to the week. The date continues to loom larger with every passing hour it seems. We increasingly have a harder time focusing on much else. The Christmas joy is inside us, and we will enjoy celebrating the Savior's birth and enjoy watching our children open presents on Christmas morning, but our joy is hard to bring to the surface in most moments.

Out of this heartache, we have a praise to share. It's a positive answer to a reoccurring prayer request. Summer went to have her last scheduled ultrasound today. THE PLACENTA HAS MOVED!  The placenta has moved away from the cervix, allowing Summer to be able to deliver the baby naturally instead of by C-section. However, the baby still has their legs crossed, so we could not determine gender. Continue to pray for Selah/Michael. Continue to lift up Summer's health in prayer as she is currently fighting an upper respiratory infection. Continue to lift up our family in prayer as we try to parent our children in the best way possible through this trial. Pray for sleepFUL nights for our who family. Pray that every one in our family would be healthy around the time of the delivery.


Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. Melissa (Harbour) MannDecember 23, 2009 at 9:21 AM

    Rick, I have been following your blog and praying for you and Summer. I have not had the pleasure of meeting your wife or family, but my heart grieves for all of you. I just wanted you to know that people from all over, and every era of your life are praying for you. I pray specifically for peace in your hearts as you celebrate the birth of The Prince of Peace the next couple of days.

    In Christ,
    Melissa (Harbour) Mann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick,
    I just want you to know that I, too, am reading and praying. I love you and Summer and your family. I cried and praised God aloud as I read that the placenta has moved. That is wonderful to hear. God has filled me with love for you guys and for your sweet baby. May He bless you greatly. I also want to thank you both for writing and being so vulnerable.

    With love, Carlee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rick and Summer, My sister passed along your blog to me (Lynne Holloman) and I've been following your messages for the past few weeks now. While your situation is heartbreaking, I cannot even begin to describe how much your messages have started a slow, but steady conviction in my heart that this God you rely on is truly the Alpha and Omega. It has been a long time since I've been reminded of the greatness and absoluteness of the Lord and I just wanted you to know that you both have inspired me. Further, I've passed along your blog to several of my friends and family here in Missouri - so I know you have a lot of prayers coming your way.
    God Bless,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise the Lord for answered prayer! I continue to pray for each of you and your precious, soft, hurting hearts. May you know an immeasurable amount of peace this Christmas. I also continue to pray that you are able to labor and deliver in the way you are longing for. I know the experience is important. And I pray it will be a meaningful and good and worshipful experience. I love you guys.

    ReplyDelete